Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Piece of Dust

My life flashed before my eyes in a hazy dream this morning. Moments before I became fully coherent of the world around me, I was old and looking back on my life. I wondered where it went. How I spent it. Why I wasn't young anymore. The exciting unknown future I thought I had ahead of me was all of a sudden behind me and bleak. I was a piece of dust that went just as quickly as it came.
I don't want to miss it. I don't want this day to pass me by because I'm living in tomorrow... or yesterday. I want to be content in moving and in taking each step as it comes to me not just wishing I was at the end. I certainly want to look toward the future and the hope that I have in Christ. "Hope" and "Future", though, are words tightly adhered to the concept of time and as such, you can't have a future and a hope if you are at the end already. Instead, the end is what pulls us towards itself, but hoping is not being or pretending to be at the end, it's the process of moving toward the end with joy and anticipation... but steadfastly walking in the path that God has laid out.
Live. Give thanks. Pray without ceasing. And love every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment