Saturday, December 19, 2009

I've Gone and Done It.

I made myself promise that I would never get a blog and put my thoughts and opinions out there for the world to see, but see now, I've done it. I have created a blog just like the other millions who think they have some two cents to add to this world, and, so far, I'm off to a plagiarized start: I stole the name for my blog from an old song I used to sing from the 1840's.

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colors,
He made their tiny wings.

(Insert slew of other verses)

He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell
How great is God Almighty,
Who has made all things well.

How refreshing to hear such specific praises with joy and thanksgiving in midst of such a pessimistic culture. This is one of my goals for this blog and the merry Christmas break seems like a perfect time to start! My friends, my hope is that, through the writing and sharing of my thoughts, opinions, and experiences, I will be able to think harder, articulate more clearly, express more beautifully, in a manner that will inspire myself and others to seek the cross of Jesus Christ ardently. I did not want to write a blog before now because I never enjoyed writing. I still do not enjoy writing but it has been on my heart that, whether or not I enjoy the task, I must practice practice practice writing and communicating persuasively, graciously, and with passion so that I may know how I ought to answer each person.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment